[access-uk] Re: Rollback RX Home - Any User guides available?

  • From: Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 20:14:19 +0100

No wonder you can't find it. I have it located in
c:\program files (x86)\shield
and the executable is called shield.exe. Why they call it shield only the folks at Horizon Datasys know <grin>.

On 13/04/2015 19:36, John Wilson wrote:

Hello Chris and Others,

Well, if you can find where Rolback RX installs itself and get to any
kind of help menu this would also be helpful.

I downloaded the .zip file and extracted it. It extracted to my Win 8.1
Downloads folder where there is a setup.exe file. I ran this but NVDA
did not tell me much about what was going on. It did not automatically
place a launch icon on my desktop and a search in my C: Programs, exe86
folder found nothing.

The only way I could get it loaded was by using the Win 8.1 search
facility and activating the "Rollback RX Home" which search found on my
hard disk somewhere? Having activated this, I can tab through several
options, such as Settings, Take a new snapshot, etc, but pressing the
ALT key does not fetch up a set of menus with or without the Help Menu.

Pressing the key next to the CONTROL key brings up a list of options but
none for help.

Is this how it should be?

Where has it installed itself or do I have to run it from the Downloads
folder, which would be strange. i Had assumed that this set of files
with Setup.EXE would only be used to install it elsewhere.

Any advice appreciated.

John.