[access-uk] Regular Computer Crashes

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:54:27 -0000

Hi,

Apart from replacing the computer, which I am in the process of doing, can
anybody give me any info on the following.  I am currently using JFW7.0 and
IE6, but I have always had this problem. From time to time, when I close IE,
the computer just seems to crash. Programs won't start any more and Jaws
always goes quiet when this happens. I'm on XP home but it happened with all
OS's I've used.

Does anybody know if there is  an OS that doesn't have this, or a version of
IE that doesn't do it?

Now I wait for Steve Nut to tell me that WE doesn't do it, but I just tried
starting WE to see if it could rescue me and it wouldn't work either!

Cheers
Dave