[access-uk] Regarding odd emails, and blank emails

  • From: Barry Toner <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:22:38 +0100

Hi folks,

As none of the odd posts contain links, or attachments I don't feel we should
view them as anything more than a irritation.

I've two options.  Wait until Freelists come back or set all posts to moderated
only.

I've no issue setting mails to moderated only, but this will mean you're posts
will appear on the list when I get to them, not when you send them.  I check
mails to the list at least a dozen times a day.  If tomorrow morning there's a
significant amount of the emails appearing over night i will set the list to
moderated until Freelists come back to me.

I will give Freelists until Monday to reply, if they don't we'll be moving to
Yahoogroups at some point next week.

If we do move don't worry you'll be automatically unsubscribed to the new group
and I'll be about to help.

BTW.  This blank email thing I've never seen anywhere but with Freelists.

Barry.
Moderator