[access-uk] Re: REPAIRING OUTLOOK EXPRESS

  • From: "Andy Collins" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:23:10 +0100

Carol -

That's exactly what I wanted to do, and didn't find out how to do the
repair, but it was suggested to me that it would get done by doing a repair
to Internet Explorer, as repairing one would repair the other by default,
and it was in trying to do the IE repair through the control panel, that I
deleted the entry in there for IE, yet it is still on my desk-top, and seems
to be working ok.

My OE problem, I resolved by doing a search for inbox.dbx, and renaming it.
Next time I opened OE, it created a new inbox, because apparently, it looks
for a folder called inbox, and because I'd renamed it, couldn't see one, so
created a new one, and all is working ok again. I did however, lose the
messages that were still in my old inbox, but apparently these can still be
retrieved by a programme obtainable from the JFWLite site, but haven't
looked in to that yet.

That's my experience, don't know if it helps any.

Andy