[access-uk] R: Re: accessible language course iPhone apps?

  • From: "Robert Portal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 10:27:52 +0200

Just to add a couple of comments about the Pimsleur language courses
mentioned by Matt:

-          Since they are almost entirely based on speaking and
understanding they are extremely accessible,

-          Some of their courses can be obtained from Audible.com and my
impression is, if you manage your Audible credits in the right way, this is
cheaper than buying direct from Pimsleur itself (I’d be interested to know
whether this is actually the case). I don’t think you will be able to get
Dutch or Greek through Audible. The audible ap means that it is very easy to
follow the various courses on a smartphone,

-          The standard achieved by the end of the 4th stage is not
particularly high and they are designed primarily with the American business
community in mind.

I too am keen to find out more about other accessible language learning aps
and would be interested in hearing people’s experiences.

Best wishes

Robert