[access-uk] Questions about iTunes installation:

  • From: <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:56:16 -0400

 I am using Jaws 10 and windows xp.  I went up to the iTunes site and found
iTunesu.  I thought I would like to download lectures from there.  I found I
also had to install Itunes on my computer.  I downloaded it to my download
folder and proceeded to install it.  I have quick time alternative already on
my computer.  So, when it asked me whether I wanted to install quick time I
said I didn't.  I tell you this because it may have a baring on my later
difficulty.  I then went up to iTunesu.  when I clicked on the lecture I wanted
to listen to it wouldn't play.  Could this be because I didn't install
QuickTime?  I have a windows 32 machine.  Perhaps the iTunes on the site will
only work with windows 64 machines?  In such case I might not be able to listen
to iTunes at all?  Originally, I wanted to download the lectures and such and
to play them using my quick time alternative.  But, I found no way to download
material either before or after installing iTunes.  I tried to add quick time
after the original installation but was unsuccessful.  In the end I removed the
program from my computer.  If I install apples quick time, will that
installation conflict with quick time alternative?  Could I download the
lectures and play them using QuickTime alternative?  If so, how can this be
done.  I couldn't even understand how to download them the short time I had
ITunes on my computer.  I couldn't find a link to do this.  Also does one need
the "bonjour" program  apple asks about during the iTunes installation?  I
didn't think so.  So I didn't install it either.  Any help with this would be
most appreciated.
"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are
works of art"