[access-uk] Question about a CD drive

  • From: "Andrew Roberts" <andrew.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 14:46:22 +0100

Hi List,

I have a friend who is using a PC running Windows Vista.

Her CD drive has got to the stage where sometimes when she puts a CD into it
it won't read the disk at all.  This happened to her some time ago and when
someone from PC World came to have a look at it he advised her that it
wasn't the drive but some kind of coding that had gone wrong.  Anyway he
clicked a few buttons and everything was OK again.  Does anyone have any
idea what this might be and what we might be able to do to get her CD drive
working again?

Many thanks,

Andrew