[access-uk] Purchasing Abby Fine REAderRe: Re: Purchasing OmniPage 15 was Re: Re: Can anyone suggest where I could purchase the latest version of Omnipage Pro through a shop please?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:42:27 +0100

Hi all,

Having spoken to a colleague of George Bell's at Techno-vision and also to Tristram at Sight & Sound regarding an issue I needed to resolve in relation to Jaws and omnipage versions 14 and 15. I have now decided to look at the possability of purchasing Abby finereader as an OCR package but as Tristram said that Sight and Sound would have to order it for me , or words to that effect, I was wondering if members of this list, preferably jaws users, could let me know if they have had experience of using abby finereader with Windows XP home and Jaws 7.0.

I would also be interested in finding out whether any of the retailers of Jaws within the UK have tested abby Finereader with Jaws version 7.0 and if so how it works in their view and how much I would be looking at paying for finereader .

Thank you all in advance.

Alexander Shannon