[access-uk] Re: Publishers' practices hit blind readers

  • From: "Clive Lever" <clive.lever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:44:20 -0000

Hi all,

Palin will appear on the fifth volume of Guide Cats for the Blind, now titled
"Herding Cats".  One of the things we could do with this is to try to enlist
the support of the author for the right of blind people to read their published
material.  I will probably forward this to any other contributor to Guide Cats
I can think of, who has published bestsellers.  Louis De Berniere, of Captain
Corelli's Mandolin fame, John Humphreys and Ian MacMillan for starters.

Best,
Clive