[access-uk] Problems with Kurzweil 11--revisited

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:13:40 -0000

Hello again All,

I just sent the below message but only half of it seems to have reached the
list, so I'll try again.

A couple of weeks ago my Kurzweil 11 scanning program started playing up a bit
so I uninstalled and reinstalled it but it then stopped working altogether.
Doing a System Restore did not fix this.

I'm using Win XP on this PC and also a Lexmark 75 scanner/printer.

I just get an error message when trying to scan with the usual meaningless
string of words and an error number.

I think that it might have something to do with the wrong Lexmark scanning
interface being used, i.e. the Twain instead of the WAI interface which should
be used with this sbcanner. However, I can find nothing in the Kurzweil menus
where this can be changed, nor in the Lexmark's options.

Does anyone have any remedial ideas or know where the Twain and WAI interfaces
can be changed?

I have already spent many hours trying to get things working OK again but to no
avail.

Has anyone any ideas what might be the problem and how it might be fixed.

Thanks.
John.