[access-uk] Problem with Internet Explorer

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:54:23 -0000

Hi Everyone
I posted earlier but it probably didn't make a lot of sense.  Made a few
suggestions to my friend with regard to her problem and this is what she came
back with.  Any suggestions please as she is not on the list and is blind.

I ran a defragment and a disc clean up to no avail.

I have not put any software on since I last used the computer. I did run a a
defragment and dis clean up  just before I lost the internet.

I am not sure what internet explorer level I am using. It goies onto Google as
default, but Kieran is home later and I will find out.

I am using Outlook express to send my emails. I have no problem getting on to
outlook.

Also if I bring up my internet explorer, Iit just says "Page not dsiplayed" but
I can access my favourites column. The only thing i can access on this list is
my AIB account (internet banking) and that works ok. Wierd.

The computer that is affected is attached to the internet server (BT) and
Kieran rang them and they could do nothing as it wasn't their problem.