[access-uk] Problem removing JAWS 7 demo

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 16:09:27 +0100

I'm not a JFW user, but a friend has the demo of version 7 installed on his
XP computer.  We found, while trying to sort out a video issue, that JAWS
simply cannot be removed.  I dont know whether this might have anything to
do with video chaining but a demo of HAL uninstalled with no problems, or at
least, none reported.

I wonder if anyone who knows about hese things might comment and give some
pointers as to how to do the removal.  We tried both JfW's own uninstall
option as well as Windows add-remove, but with the same effect.

If anyone can throw light on this I'd be interested to hear.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx