[access-uk] Problem playing mp3 files on Phillips digital pocket recorder

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aedanomeara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:31:52 +0100

Hi all,
I have a Phillips mini digital recorder and I want to play recordings I copy
to it but it will only play mp3s made on itself. I have checked the
properties of these files it makes and they are at 64 kbps. The properties
of these files does not show their frequency.
I have tried making mp3 in Goldwave at various frequencies and all at 64
kbps but to no avail.
I make recordings of my lessons on the Uilleann Irish pipes and need to cut
up these files sometimes to help practice smaller parts of the tunes on the
pipes
All the mp3 both those I make in goldwave and those I make on the Phillips
play perfectly in Itunes.

Any help or suggestions welcome.
Aedan.
.