[access-uk] Re: Praise where it is due

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:43:41 +0000

Oh, wow! At least they had the decency to e-mail you quickly with your concerns, but them heard of In Touch? It's unbelievable! Anyway good luck with your Hotmail set up. I would have gone with Googlemail personally, but to each his own.

At 17:54 23/01/2008, you wrote:
This afternoon I triedto set up a topmail account. EVerything went fineuntil I reached the point where you have to type in some numbers which are in a graphical image. I e-mailled them and below is thereply which came back very quick.

Dear Peter,
We are definitely aware of this issue. While our next upgrade is in
February I know this feature is not in it yet. We really want to have
this feature and we have the voice technology to do so. At present our
only problem is that we have some security issues around it. I cannot
promise a date but we definitely want to get this working. I will make
it known to the relevant people and see if we can have this element
speeded up.
I apologise for the obviously severe inconvenience for you at this time.
If you wish you can send me your mobile number and the email you want
and I will process an account for you manually and you will receive the
password by SMS? However, I am not sure if SMS presents a problem in
itself, as I am not up to date with latest developments, though
occasionally I do catch In touch on the Beeb...
Daniel Caffrey
Topmail Support

So, as I said, praise where it is due.

Chris Hallsworth