[access-uk] Re: Phone Watch Events 2014

  • From: "goshawk on horseback" <goshawk_on_horseback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:51:35 +0100

this is exactly what I said, and got the following response.
"We would like to be able to hold local events all over the country but
this would be impossible.
We are looking at holding Phone Watch events in cities so there may be a
degree of travel in order to attend.
We finish at 7.15 so this shouldn't be a problem for most people to
travel home.
I know you have the same problem with BCAB events too. Unfortunately it
isn't possible to please everyone in terms of location.
I am proposing to run a small survey to find out where the most interest
is in holding Phone Watch events in the future.
If you do decide that you can attend one of the London events then we'd
love to see you.
Regards
Paul
Paul Porter
Accessible Technology Sales Team Manager
Tel: +44[0]20 7391 2037
Technology Information Service
RNIB Retail
105 Judd Street
London
WC1H 9NE
Technology Information Service: +44[0]20 7391 2280
Technology Information Service Local Call Rate: 08459 000015"

given that he has clearly read mine and others messages about the unfair
distribution of events for those of us not in reach of london, he is still
clearly missing the point, possibly deliberately? I wonder.

Simon

From: "Porter, Paul" <Paul.Porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>