[access-uk] Re: PDF and Printing

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:23:24 -0000

Graham.  Although I do not know the exact answer to your question
on converting PDFs to MS Word, I can tell you a very odd thing on
this.

If you select a PDF page and then switch to Word, (Word 2K in my
case), the text appears in Word, and is readible by a screen
reader.  Formating appears to be retained too.  (This will not
work with all PDF files, because protection is often in place to
stop you doing things like this.)

I find that using 'paste special' in the edit menue gives me the
option of having a PDF page inserted in Word as an object.  Seems
images do not usually make the journey in the ordinary paste
operation.

I know there are plenty of converters around for converting to
PDF, but I have not heard of anyone wanting to do it the opsite
way around.

HTH.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at