[access-uk] PDF Accessible File - Open University

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:44:14 -0000

I would like to thank all of you for taking part in my experiment and for
confirming to me that it was not possible to access the PDF file I sent using a
screen reader such as Jaws.  However, the Open University claim that it is
possible to read this file with Jaws and Adobie 8.0.  I welcome your feedback
as I can now go back to the Open University and point out that I am not being
an 'awkward' or 'difficult' student when I returned the file to them on Friday
stating that this file was an image and could not be accessed with a screen
reader.  My comment did not go down at all well and you will have seen the
attached which I sent.

Eleanor