[access-uk] Out of touch, Windows Update questions

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:39:34 -0000

Hi,

My computer is long overdue for a good tidying up.  I haven't done Windows
Update or any backing up for ages, and I seem to remember last time I did
use Windows Update JAWS didn't work properly with it.  I also seem to
remember something about Windows Update not existing in the same way it used
to but I could be completely wrong.

I use Windows ME and JAWS 4.5.  Does Windows Update exist and work with this
combination?  Anything else important along these lines that has happened
while I've been ignoring the computer world?

And before anyone says I know I could have scheduled it to update regularly
by itself but that sort of thing gets on my nerves so I switched it off.

Thanks for any info.

Catherine