[access-uk] Re: Open office format to Word

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:32:54 -0000

Hi David,

Yes there is.  And if you have Word 2007, you can open .odt files
(Open Document Text)

Be aware however, that you can on occasions get into a nasty
formatting mess going from O.O. to Word, modifying in Word, and back
into O.O. again.  I've come a cropper a few times exchanging files
will a colleague in the industry who insists on writing product
documentation in Open Office, getting me to proof, then returning PDF
files for me to print on my duplex colour printer.

George.