[access-uk] Re: Olympus LS7 recorder

  • From: "Husna Begum" <h.begum99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:27:33 +0100

hi,

does the ls3 have daisy facilities?

thanks,
Husna

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Clive Pallett
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:27 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: Olympus LS7 recorder

  Hello Sandra,

  As I said at the start of this thread, Neal Ewers did an excellent podcast on
the US equivalent, the LS7, on blind Cool Tech.  although he didn't demonstrate
the voice guidance speech, he did mention the unit comes up speaking when first
switched on and doesn't ask you if you want it on or off.  I would say from
that it does have voice guidance, but I don't know if all menu functions such
as setting the time and date are accessible with speech.  I'm thinking of
getting the LS3 as it at last has prerecord and standby, and it's at a
reasonable price of £179 from Amazon.

  Hope this helps.

  Best wishes,

  Clive Pallett