[access-uk] OT: sad news

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:08:25 -0000

Forgive the posting, but many of you may remember Oggie Jones who worked
with George at Techno-Vision for many years.  Oggie sadly died on 12
February of Cancer.

I particularly remember Oggie fondly from his days of supporting me with
Eureka in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  I always made a point of
visiting the Techno-Vision Systems stand at exhibitions, and talking to
him about Eureka at that time, and his very famous phrase: "What you
need to do ...".  He was a lovely chap, and most helpful.

Jackie Cairns
 Braille Support Adviser
 Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sight and Sound Technology