[access-uk] Re: O/T but does anyone on the list have an Ideal Isar combi-boiler?

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:16:55 +0100

Hi, there's a number of things that could cause this. Firstly, your system could be draining naturally through an improperly closed or faulty valve. Secondly, your radiators could need bleeding, and doing this has a remarkable effect on pressure. Thirdly, if the boiler is getting too hot, air could be being created that way too, it may need turning down slightly. We had a British Gas safety done on ours last year that identified many of these. Not sure how well fixed they were as I'm no longer there but I know it had made a big improvement.

Cheers
Dave