[access-uk] Re: Not the bit rate, playing CD before ripping

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 14:38:26 +0100

Clive, are you saying that the discs sound good in other players? What you're describing isn't really feasible unless the original source discs are of a very low quality to start with. Were the discs bought or have they been burned for you by someone else that may have had the original music already at a horribly low bit rate before converting to audio CD's?

-----Original Message----- From: Clive Pallett
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 2:27 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Not the bit rate, playing CD before ripping

Hello Clive L,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, but I think you may have missed the point I
am making.  When I play the discs in my DVD drive before ripping, they sound
muddy, so converting them to a lower bit rate would make them worse.  As I
said, I am now using DB Poweramp. Unfortunately, some of the controls are not
accessible, and my screen reader, NVDA, just says graphic.  One such control
is for adjusting the bit rate, which by default is 160bps. Other CD's I have ripped since purchasing DB Poweramp are fine with good audio quality. So you
see, my problem is with the discs before I rip them.  The two titles I
mentioned are the only ones so far I am having trouble with.  Any more
suggestions?

Best wishes,

Clive P