[access-uk] New virgin 360

  • From: "Ally" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "alistair.kelly" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 14:46:45 +0000

Hi folks, just had the Virgin  360 installed on my now aging tv, sighted asisstance was required but quick and smooth enough. It should be noted this was a software upgrade without requiring a new box.  There is no speech output but on the remote there is the option to talk which seems reasonable enough and I guess comparable to what is on offer from sky!  2 words of caution, whilst the remote has some tactile buttons the numeric keypad is all but flat, there is a slight bump on the 5 button otherwise it is, for me at least, very difficult to distinguish the numbers. Also the coloured buttons are at the very bottom and are also flat and seem smaller, this is the RED, GREEN etc.  I'm struggling with the fact that the radio station numbers no longer exist, by which I mean pressing 905 for five live or any other station no longer functions. There are 2 options to do this, first give a vocal request for a station i.e. BBC 5 live and I hope you have better luck than I when doing this! Yes it works sometimes but not consistently, perhaps not attuned to my glaswegian accent! Secondly, if you are really really really good at memorising button presses you can find the radio menu and scroll down to your desired station, enter and it will play, no good to me! On the plus side apps like youtube netflix prime video can be accessed and I believe streamed to the tv from your mobile device. I used the virgin tv app to stream some material from their library to the tv. I keep thinking there must be a better way! Unless you are very very confident with your tech abilities or have ready access to sighted asisstance maybe think twice about installing it!

Alistair

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq