[access-uk] NOD32 anti-virus

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access uk post" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:46:19 +0100

Hi everyone,
just thought I'd bring this to your attention.  i don't know how well known
this anti-virus software is.

I found out about it at the Ipswich Borough council as, they use NOD32 on
their system.  I looked into it on their website on the weekend and decided
to download a 30 day trial.

I've installed the trial and it's been a day now.  For the e-mail situation,
this is a winner!  it downloads the e-mails that carries the virus but,
it'll catch them and give me an option to delete, rename, or clean them.
well, mostly rename or delete. So, this is just great!  exactly what I
needed.

as for scanning my pc's hard drive, it found a suspicious file that AVG and,
maybe E-trust's EZ antivirus missed.  it was a strange file in Downloaded
internet programmes and was described as an "unknown Crypt".  I don't know
what that means but, I got it cleaned out all the same.

the only bug bear is that, during loading programmes on start up, there is a
delay when zoomtext starts. the busy hour glass shows and although
magnification is switched on, it's very shaky until the busy icons gone and
speech springs to life.  however, maybe a tiny price to pay.  I don't know
how much it costs to buy it but, I might seriously think about purchasing
it!
It does what i need it to do.

just one question, if you're to rename a virus file's extension. Will it
then become harmless once the virus file's extension is renamed?

thanks, an if anyone wants more info. I'll post the website link.

Justin