[access-uk] My problem with the website play.com again.

  • From: "petrina delves" <aunk99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 19:37:59 +0100

I have been in touch with play.coms customer support.  About the problem I was
having, with there listen to button not being available any more.  And this is
the reply I got.
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the website.
The option to listen to tracks is still available on the website. Please ensure
that you do not have your computer security up to high as this can sometime hide
certain options on the webpage.
So I have checked my security settings in
internet explorer, both 6 and 7 and they are set to medium. They also suggested that I go to
there FAQ section of there Help pages.  And this is what it said.
Can I sample the downloads?
Yes. On the product pages for tracks and albums, where samples are available you will see a player underneath the product image. By clicking the play button on a track page, you can listen to a sample for a track. By clicking the ‘play’ button on an album page you can sample the entire album. Alternatively, on an album page you can use the play buttons alongside each of the track names to sample specific tracks. Please note that the sample player uses Flash technology and you will need version 9 or newer. If you do not have Flash installed, you may be prompted to install it. If you have Flash installed and still cannot see the player, it may be because your browser security settings are too high to allow Flash to function. Please check the
Help section of your browser for more information and for instructions on how to
enable Flash.
So I have looked at the help section in internet explorer, and can not find anything about flash. But it must be on my computer some where, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use the listen to button on the site. Thanks in advance for any help.
All the best
Petrina