[access-uk] My new laptop

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access uk'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:08:17 +0100

Hi

I have just got a new samsung laptop, of course there was
software on it I don't want such as norton internet security
and office 2010, I removed both of them and put in my screen
reader and mse and office 2003, only thing is, I can't get
windows up-date to run, I go to the short cut in the all
programs list, click on check for up-dates and it says
windows can't check for up-dates at the moment, the service
isn't running, on checking in msconfig, it is running, I
have rebooted the pc like it says, no difference. I
obviously have a lot of up-dates to get, my mum has a new hp
laptop, it had the same problem after removing the same
software, how can I get this to work? The only other thing I
did was run windows easy transfer to bring across my files
and settings, surely that wouldn't have upset the works?
Windows would know what's what. They were both windows 7
machines. When my mum did it, a lot of her services were
stopped, mine seem to be ok, that seems to be the only part
I am experiencing problems with.

The other thing I need some help with is getting netframe
work 2, I have downloaded it but it is for a 32 bit system,
this system is a 64 bit machine, or the new pc is a 64 bit
machine, this one is a 32 bit machine that I am using now.

Lastly, on the new pc, it being a samsung pc, there is a
samsung fast start thing running on start up, it says this
system won't work using the fast start program, it is
running on start up, how can I stop it running? I just have
to press ok each time and close it.

Regards

Adrien