[access-uk] Re: Message for John Wilson Re: Accessible Guitar Tuner

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:15:34 -0000

Hello John,

Yes, the G string being more flexible seems to make sense. I
have heard that G strings are more susceptible to a twang or
two than most other strings (grin)!

But on a more serious note . . .

There is no need to switch the metronome on to start tuning
via the tuner's onboard mic. You can just press the on
button and then the Tune button but you won't know, unless
you can see the screen, that it has actually turned on OK in
that case, because it makes no confirmatory noise. It is
sometimes possible to turn it on in the way the user manual
says, for example, if the batteries are running low,  and it
hasn't in fact come on, but you won't know this. the reason
I always leave it in the metronome on state when I turn it
on is so that, when you next turn it on, it starts beeping
and therefore confirms that it has actually come on. You can
then simply press the Tune button to turn it to tuning on
and be certain that it is listening before you start turning
tuning keys.

Hope this clarifies the logic in this (if there is any).

John.