[access-uk] McAvee

  • From: "Graham Smith" <graham.smith577@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 19:32:44 +0100

Hi

On my PC at work, windows 2000 on a network and Jaws 5.

When I log on in the morning Jaws announces "MCAveee auto update, tabbing
does not do anything, switching to the jaws cursor does not read the
dialogue box.  Sighted help tells me that my screen is on the standard
desktop screen and that there is no dialogue boxes on the screen.  I press
windows key and D to minimise and that clears it.

I realise that this is the anti virus program but it is strange that jaws
wil not do anything with it, and that nothing is on the screen.

Any ideas, I dare not ring the help desk, it will really confuse them and it
is not causing me any problems.

Graham