[access-uk] Losing speech

  • From: "Hughs Mail" <hugh.megarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:51:11 +0100

I have had to have a new mother board fitted to this computer because of
a prob with the video card seemingly burning out and also doing damage
to the old mother board well since fitting the new board I have been
using on board sound and also on board video now the prob is the speech
keeps stopping it is not at a particular time it can happen when using
windows messenger or when reading email not so much then or sometimes
when alt tabbing around the programmes on the computer I have 1024 of
ram so that should not be a problem  running windows X P also office  X
P  windows messenger for xp and outlook for my email and jaws 4.51 I  do
not know if it is a prob with jaws  or the fact that I am not using a
sound card and or a video card I did have a sound card on the old mother
board it was a sound blaster live card but it was having probs of its
own so had It taken out have allow wave files aloud in jaws    any help
at all would be  appreciated
The speech stops for about between fifteen and thirty seconds not much
more than that and then restarts

For email use hugh.megarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For M S N use hughmegarry@xxxxxxxxxxx
For Skype use hugh.megarry