[access-uk] List Numbering Not Being Announced

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:59:49 +0100

Hi List.

Something has changed in Word 2003 and I need your help to work out what it is.

When I keep records in Word I often have them automatically numbered by selecting the whole document and then choosing my preferred option from the Bullets and Numbering option from among Words various menus. .

In the past, as I've arrowed up and down through these lists, the number of the item has always been announced, but now for some unknown reason those announcements have stopped.

They've stopped even though it appears the numbering is still present.

I'm assuming the numbering is present because everything has been moved out from column 1 to column 4 in the document. This space I'm assuming is where the numbers have been inserted by Word.

Can anyone suggest a reason as to why this number announcement may have gone silent? I haven't made any changes to my version of JAWS 10, and I'm assuming therefore that something may have changed with Word.

In case its relevant, Ruler, Mark Up and Normal are all checked in the View Menu.

Many thanks.

Darran