[access-uk] Re: Limewire?

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 18:45:39 +0100

Hi Ali,

Limwire seems completely useless to visuall impaired people. I've tried Jaws and had the same experience as you, ditto System Access.

The website is pretty promising and I soon found my way through that and downloaded it. The installer was fine too. The Setup program then says nothing - all I could get from a screen reader was reporting of the keys I was pressing. I got through because I can see a bit, but I gather the screens are done as graphics. Weird stuff! at least they use big text but that's not much help.

The program itself uses tiny ffonts and doesn't seem to trigger screen readers. I don't know how they've done it.

Vince.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ali" <alpot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>