[access-uk] LONG CANE PROBLEM ((REVISITED)

  • From: "Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:59:57 +0100

Hi all,

I just thought I'd give my update on the long cane situation.  This is not
intended as an email requiring further discussion but is merely an update.

Some will recall I was having problems with the AmbuTech long cane supplied by
the RNIB.  As I thought would be the case, the second cane sent out proved to
be the same as the first and I was unable to fold it properly.

I have now purchased a Vantage cane from QAC and am very happy with this,
especially as it folds down into a four-piece (for the length I have), making
it smaller to pack away than the AmbuTech.

I strongly advise all those who have had a problem with the AmbuTech to let
RNIB know because they are not going to withdraw the supply of these on my
say-so alone.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience and suggestions with me on this
one.

Carol P