[access-uk] Re: LAPTOPS

  • From: "Richard Godfrey-McKay" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:58:31 +0100

Hi Gordon, The site's a bit hard to get around in places.  Basically It's
actually a XPS M1210 core 2 duo processor; T7600 (2.33GHZ(;  4MB l2 cache,
667MHz FSB.  12.1 WXGA display;  1gb ram;

My partner had an Inspiron 9400 core duo processor t7400 2.16GHz 4mb l2
cache, 667mhzfsb;  2gb ram with Windows xp Media Edition.  Although the
display is larger, a VI person will probably need a magnifier (she doesn't
need one with her desktop).

For me, the laptop is hardly bigger than a Packmate *fits into the Pm's
case), but with a wireless network at home, you have so much more than the
PM, and total portability.  Our desktops will probably be redundant as we
can run everything off a hub (no parallel devices around).
Richard Godfrey-McKay
Telephone: 01656-657516
Mobile: 07791-452593