[access-uk] Kickstarter Project

  • From: Niall Gallagher <nialljg91@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stuart Lawler <stuart.lawler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:42:42 +0100

Hi All,

Apologies if this message is not of interest to you.

The below kickstarter project was brought to my attention through another
project I am backing.
I feel it is of particular interest to the VI and Blind community, as it
connects a headphone jack to your device via magnets like MagSafe for the
Mac.

Magzet consists of two parts, one stays plugged into your device and the
other is on the end of your headphone jack.
Interestingly, despite having one part of the Magzet permanently plugged
into your device, the speakers of your device will still produce audio
until you introduce your headphones with the second piece of the Magzet.

I think this is a fantastic project, and the above innovation sealed the
deal for me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magzet/magzet-the-audio-jack-reinvented-with-the-power-of

Kind regards,

Niall