[access-uk] KNFB and N95

  • From: Scott C <castledine10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:49:41 -0000

Spot on that man.

-----Original Message-----
From: ANDY COLLINS - Email Address: Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 03/02/2009 15:45
Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: How good is the KNFB reader

Guys -

We go round and round on this one, the N82 have the Xenon flash, and as
such, have been shown to produce the best scanning results, when fitted with
the polo risers, this isn't to say the software doesn't work on other
5megapixel phones, it clearly does work on the N95, but because this has led
rather than Xenon flash, it probably does not produce as good results under
all like for like circumstances  with the n82.

As I understand it, Xenon flash produces a nmore natural light colour than
led, thus creating a better chance for improved scanning results -

Andy