[access-uk] Re: JAWS, Windows 11, and task tray icons.

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:07:59 +0000

Hi Amro.

There have been many changes in jaws to support Windows 11. The minimum version required for Windows 11 to function consistently is 2023 I believe. I've noticed quite a few issues with earlier jaws versions so it looks like an upgrade may be in order.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 20/03/2023 14:03, Amro Bilal wrote:

Hi everyone,

A question to those running Windows 11 with the latest version of JAWS please. Does the JAWS keystroke ‘JAWS key + F11’, which lists the task tray programmes, work as usual on your systems?

Lately, after upgrading my system to Windows 11 Home Edition, Version 22H2, whenever I press ‘Insert F11’ I get the following message ‘Failed to obtain the list of task tray icons’.

I’m running an older version of JAWS (Version 2021.2111.13). So I’m guessing the latest Windows upgrade has broke something in JAWS, and I’d like to confirm the situation before I start considering upgrading JAWS to the latest version.

Kind regards,

Amro