[access-uk] Internet Explorer 7 questions

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:43:04 +0100

Hi Everyone

Following advice from someone on this list, I upgraded from Internet Explorer 6
to 7.  The upgrade is fine, but I have two questions.

1. In the Security Tab of <Tools> <Internet Options> there is a custome level
setting "Allow Meta Refresh" which allows the browser to be redirected to
another
website if it is enabled.  Is there a way of keeping it enabled?  It seems to
switch off each time I close Internet Explorer.  This did not happen with IE6.

2. I am using JAWS 7.10.  If I do a screen find and what I am looking for is
not on the screen the focus is on the Address Bar and I have to back and
forward
tab to get back to the screen.  Is there a work around for this?

I do also have Firefox and Window-Eyes on my PC and use them for some sites,
but I would like to know if there are solutions to these niggly problems.

Thanks

Pele West