[access-uk] Inaccessable PLAYMONDAY.COM lottery site

  • From: "Gary Robinson" <gary.r@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 15:59:50 +0100

Hi all,

I was on the Talking newspaper site the other day and saw the link to this new
lottery site for charities.  They've been advertising it on TV recently and
make a big play on the fact that the charities get a greater proportion of the
ticket price than on the national lottery.
So I thought I'd have a look, I noticed that amongst the charities
participating was the RNIB.
The site looks very accessible and I was able to register with no problems and
even put a couple of quid in the electronic wallet.
I duly read all the how to play info, again well laid out, and pressed the play
lottery button and... well nothing actually happened, I tried several times
again with the same result. According to the blurb, when you press the play
button a drop down menu comes up with lottery numbers for you to acccept or
choose your own etc, but nothing in my case.
I have already tried exempting the site from the pop up blocker and as far as I
am aware JAVA is enabled (though I can't find it in the advanced options in IE
as it used to be?), so I'm running out of options to try.
I tried customer services and got the usual automated junk reply.
Could someone on the list have a look at the site and see if they can work out
what's going on here, you don't have to part with money to get to the ticket
stage.
I'm running XP home with JAWS 7.0.
Thanks

Gary