[access-uk] ITV video player

  • From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 16:07:53 -0000

Sorry I'm not replying to the original message but I deleted it. I think it was Daron that was asking about this? I have successfully got the ITV player to play correctly with WE 6.1. I managed to get the Queen to play.

Theres 2 steps as far as I can see to get it to work correctly.

1. You need to allow a security update to IE to run. This may involve allowing a popup, which you might have to get to using Jaws equivalent of the WE cursor.

2. If the program was originally broadcast after the 9 O'clock watershed you will have to tell the player that your over 18. Again I had to use the WE cursor to get to this, but once I had clicked on the over 18 bit the ordinary cursor was moved to a check box which had become checked. I was then able to cursor to a button (can't remember its exact name) but it was something like confirm.

Once that was done I was able to hit enter on the play video link and it started. Once the video was playing there didn't seem to be any way of pausing, rewinding or adjusting the volume.

HTH
Yusuf