[access-uk] ITV Player - is it inaccessible or am I being dense?

  • From: "Clive Lever" <clive.lever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:22:47 +0100

Hi all,

on recommendation by my partner and by a colleague, I tried to play last
night's documentary, "Me and my guide dog", using the ITV player. I could
locate the page, and find everything on it I needed and much that I didn't
except that I could see no way to start the programme playing. I found it
ironic that when I did get to see the documentary, one of the guide dog owners
said they didn't want to be dependent on other people, and I had to rely on mp
partner's help to hear him say it. Using Jaws, how do you start an ITV
programme playing, if indeed you can do it at all? Not wishing for heaven with
jam onit, it would also be nice to pick up audio-described replays of ITV
programmes, but let's take one thing at a time.

Thanks,
Clive