[access-uk] Re: IOS 9.02

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "alexander.shannon" for DMARC)
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 14:02:09 +0100

Hi all,

After reading the original message from Steve Hyde-dryden and subsequent
messages, I thought I would comment that as a result of issues not directly
relevant to my IPhone 5C I ended up updating from 8.4.1 to 9.0.2 on Monday
night.

My first initial problem was that I wasn't at home when I did the update,
and I'd forgotten to back the phone up first.

Therefore for some unknown reason, when I tried the update my phone was
reset to factory defaults, and I had to use ITunes to resolve the issues I
had once I arrived home.

For reference, the reason I didn't update when 9.0.2 first came out was that
I was advised that on some phones, there was still a problem answering calls
with a wired headset plugged in, and also Bluetooth keyboards such as the
Anker Ultra-slim keyboard weren't working well with 9.0.2, as they hadn't
with 9.0.1.

I haven't tried using my Anker keyboard yet, and when I did try calling my
mobile phone from my landline, I did hear the phone ring, so I'm not sure if
I have either of the bugs I referred to present at this stage.

Alexander Shannon