[access-uk] Re: I am having a problem with blocking addresses of senders of unwanted e-mails which may require me to join the BCAB list if no-one on this list can help

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jwbr33694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:26:01 +0100

Alex,

Are you sure these e-mails are from the genuine companies?  I say this
because I, and I'm sure others on the list get phoney e-mails pretending to
be from banks etc urging you to check your security settings by logging onto
the link within the message.

If you don't use on-line banking or are not a customer of that bank its a
pretty good bet the messages are a hoax.  Another way to tell is usually the
poor or dodgy grammar in the message.

I'm afraid you won't block these by blocking the genuine domain names as
they don't come from there.

Sorry, just another drawback of using the web.

Jim Williamson