[access-uk] Re: House number and postcode search on iPhone Maps app

  • From: Dave Sheridan <dsheridan65@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:42:26 +0100

Hi Barry

I would suggest you put the street as well as its number and then the post
code. The reason is, and I stand to be corrected, a post code can cover
adjoining streets or roads and so simply putting a number along with the post
code will create confusion.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Apr 2015, at 19:41, Barry Hill <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I’d appreciate it if someone could tell me how to search for a house number
and postcode on Maps. If I put, for example, 11 NW1 1AA, I get no results,
but if I put NW1 1AA then it gives me the street name. Thing is, if I’m on
my own and walking, I need to know more accurately when I get to my
destination than just the street.

Of course, I could do a search for the house number and address, but it’s so
much easier to just type the number and postcode.

Cheers

Barry