[access-uk] Help with assignment

  • From: Chris <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 17:37:07 +0100

Hi all, I've just started re-taking my assignments for my second year at
university, as I failed to complete them. I'm currently in the middle of an
Excel spreadsheet I have to complete, and I have a question, which I'd like you
to answer please. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003 for this. I have at least
three worksheets, and I'd like to know the following please. Can I tell Excel
to look up, in the date column of the share_prices worksheet, evaluate if the
date falls within the year 2003, and tell Excel to insert numbers like 1, 2, 3,
etc, in the yearly_models worksheet. Note I stress that this is in the same
workbook. I find the help a little hard to understand, but that's probably
because I'd like to get this done out the way as I have lots more to do before
deadline day, which is Friday August 29 at 12:00PM. Therefore I thank you in
advance for the help regarding this, and I'm very sorry for the long post, but
that was the only way I could explain it to you without attaching the
spreadsheet and sending it to you. Of course if anyone wants the spreadsheet
itself, please write to me off list and I'll be more than happy to do it, as
the more help I receive the more likely I'll achieve a good mark for this
assignment. Thanks once again for the help, and I look forward to hearing from
you.

--
Chris Hallsworth
Please visit my blog at http://chrishallsworth.wordpress.com