[access-uk] Re: Help with Installation of Talks

  • From: "Mark Berrisford-Smith" <mark.berrisford-smith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:09:31 +0100

Sayka,

Unless things have changed in the latest version of Talks, you will
definitely need sighted assistance to do the last part of the installation.
The files will have been loaded into your phone's memory, but there is
another installation process which you have to invoke from the phone.
Unfortunately, finding sighted people with experience of loading software
onto mobiles also isn't easy. I eventually struck lucky with a very helpful
guy in a Nokia phone shop who did it for me.

having got Talks up and running, my plan is to install some more software
myself, so that when it comes to Talks upgrades, at least I'll be able to
give a sighted person clear instructions about what to do.

This I'm afraid, is one area where the documentation which comes with Talks
is less than helpful. I appreciate that the steps to be followed will vary
from one phone to another, but a little more general guidance would have
been useful.

The very best of luck, Mark