[access-uk] Re: Help setting up Vinux

  • From: Stuart MacMillan <bznclty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 05:45:30 -0800

Do you know what version of Vinux you have ? There was a small error
in 3.1 that you may be coming across. I will paste the part from the
web site;

"I have found a small bug in the latest release - however it is
unlikely to affect the majority of users and there is a very simple
workaround for those who are affected. Because of a minor typing error
in one of the build scripts, the keybinding which was supposed to
modify the multimedia keybindings in the event of the sound card being
muted wasn't enabled. The workaround is simply to press Alt+F2, type
'volume_keys' (without the speech marks) then press Enter, then press
Alt+Y and Enter again. Now you can use Windows+Alt+Right to unmute and
raise the system volume. Just to confuse matters further, I also
managed to provide completely the wrong keybindings for the new
multimedia volume controls in the keybindings.txt file as well.  So to
clarify, should you need to activate the new multimedia keybindings
you should use Windows+Alt+Right/Left to raise/lower the volume and
Windows+Alt+Down to mute/unmute the volume."

Stuart