[access-uk] Re: Grade three braille?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:25:39 -0000

Hi Christine,

I believe there is a Grade 3 Braille in America but don't know how widely
used it is any more.  Shorthand Braille was taught widely here in the
1960's, maybe through to the 90's, though I'm not sure of that, and that was
sometimes referred to as Grade 3 Braille over here, though was much more
commonly just known as shorthand.

HTH:

--
Carol