[access-uk] Re: Google Audio Capture implemented

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:20:28 +0100

Ray and all,

The Google petition has also been covered by the podcast Blind Access Journal and also the Desert Skies Podcast by Jeff Bishop. Blind Access Journal was the source of the petition, though the petition itself has not been submitted to Google, who seem to have caught wind of the discussions on blind web sites and elsewhere about accessibility.

Google are also offering jobs to software developers who have expertise in accessibility technology. These will be based in California. This all sounds like very good news.

For anyone who wants links to these podcasts, I'll put them in below.

Blind Access Journal podcast feed is
http://feeds.feedburner.com/blindaccessjournal

The Desert Skies Podcast fee is
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDesertSkies

If anyone wants to sign the petition, they can still do so at

http://www.blindwebaccess.com/

Vince.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>