[access-uk] Goodman's smart box

  • From: "Husna Begum" <h.begum99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 00:24:50 +0100

hi,

we have been having some problems with the Goodman's smart box.
1 when we are watching anything on TV we can hear a continuous background
droning sound which varies in loudness.
2 the mail voice of the smartbox stutters in menus or even when it’s announcing
the name of the current programme making it difficult to understand.
3 the audio description quite often fades out for about 15 minutes and then
comes back, so you can’t really enjoy the programme. the box is connected by
cable to an aerial on the loft. we recalled the engineer out but they didn’t
fix any of the problems. has any one else been having any of these problems? do
you think we just have a faulty box?

thanks, Husna